About the RSS Feed Reader
An RSS feed is a pipeline of information in a simple list format. We have set up an RSS feed for our newly added items to which customers can subscribe. Our RSS feed can keep you alerted to new inventory, without ever visiting the website.
There are many methods and tools which can be used to read this information "feed," but the easiest and least intrusive way perhaps is doing so via your web browser. Once you subscribe to our new products feed in your browser, a simple icon on your toolbar will tell you when new products have been added. No emails, no pop-ups . . . well, you can see why many people prefer this method.
It's like having a news feed on our new items in your browser. This helps you stay aware of our new products and gives you a chance to see our more popular items before someone else buys them. We like this model because it allows you to subscribe to something you care about without being spammed by advertising and things you are not interested in.
If you'd like to set up the RSS Feed Reader for our site, here are the instructions for the Google Chrome browser. It's free of charge, and the steps are simple. All you have to do is add the RSS Feed Reader to your browser, visit our site, and add our feed to the feeds you follow.
Here is how to add it to your Google Chrome browser:
- Click on the options menu on the upper right hand corner of the browser - a dropdown menu will open. Select the "Settings" option toward the bottom of this dropdown menu.
- Then click on Extensions, which is located on the left side of the Settings page.
- In the Extensions page, there will be a google link which says "Get more extensions." Click on this and it will take you to the Chrome Web Store.
- Within the Chrome Web Store search for "RSS Feed Reader" in the search bar on the left side of the page. Under the Extensions section, which starts about halfway down the page, the first option should be titled RSS Feed Reader. Add this free extension, and the RSS Feed Reader icon, orange radio waves symbol will appear in the upper left corner of your browser.
- Now visit the Peyton Street Pens website, and then click on the RSS Feed Reader in the upper right corner of your browser, which should have green plus sign on it now.
- When you click it, a dropdown menu should appear. Click on the plus icon, at the upper right corner of the menu, and it will tell you what feeds are available on the current page. The only feed on our page currently is called "New Products." Click on this to follow our feed and receive updates on your browser when we add new products.
What the icon for your RSS Feed Reader will look like in Google Chrome.
The little number indicates how many new items have been added to our
inventory since last you clicked the Feed.
For Microsoft's instructions on use of RSS Feeds in Internet Explorer, see this link.
For a good page on using RSS Feeds on the Apple Safari browser, see osxdaily.com's page here.